It’s official now. Time to get into full gear for the Christmas season! Thanks to all of those who paused enough to enjoy some Turkey last week! We have already started in with some of the Christmas music and will continue to be playing your holiday favorites right up until we see the man in the red suit!
I LOVE this time of year. On a scale of 1 to Buddy the elf I would probably put myself at about an 8. With that being said… here are some of the best things about the Christmas season.
- My favorite is driving around at night and seeing the houses. Growing up in the country it has always been my favorite thing about the holidays to look out and just see all the distant houses all lit up with Christmas lights. That being said… I have yet to do the Lights before Christmas at the Toledo Zoo… which is on the list for this year…
- I am not the kind of person that will throw elbows and stand in line for ever on black Friday but there is just something about actually finding the perfect gift for someone. I really like giving gifts more than receiving most times. Although there are some pretty hilarious videos of me when I was a kid getting presents.
(Yes... I do wrap this bad)
SOME Holiday songs
- There are some holiday classics that I just really like. Then again… there are remakes that make me want to snap the cd. I’m looking at you Justin Beiber Christmas music.
- That being said I have renewed faith in Christmas music from the new release from Pentatonix “Ptxmas: Deluxe Edition”. Some really great stuff on there!
- Pentatonix- O Come, O Come Emmanuel
- This really needs no explanation. Cookies are awesome. Even if Nick doesn’t like sweets…
The Countdown to Christmas
- It’s always nice to have something to look forward to right? The anticipation is crazy!
- There are always classic Christmas ornaments that you see that are funny or have a great story behind them.
What are some of your favorite things about Christmas? Do you have any cool traditions? Let me know!